LINC00460 Is a Dual Biomarker That Acts as a Predictor for Increased Prognosis in Basal-Like Breast Cancer and Potentially Regulates Immunogenic and Differentiation-Related Genes - Aix-Marseille Université Access content directly
Journal Articles Frontiers in Oncology Year : 2021

LINC00460 Is a Dual Biomarker That Acts as a Predictor for Increased Prognosis in Basal-Like Breast Cancer and Potentially Regulates Immunogenic and Differentiation-Related Genes

Abstract

Breast cancer (BRCA) is a serious public health problem, as it is the most frequent malignant tumor in women worldwide. BRCA is a molecularly heterogeneous disease, particularly at gene expression (mRNAs) level. Recent evidence shows that coding RNAs represent only 34% of the total transcriptome in a human cell. The rest of the 66% of RNAs are non−coding, so we might be missing relevant biological, clinical or regulatory information. In this report, we identified two novel tumor types from TCGA with LINC00460 deregulation. We used survival analysis to demonstrate that LINC00460 expression is a marker for poor overall (OS), relapse-free (RFS) and distant metastasis-free survival (DMFS) in basal-like BRCA patients. LINC00460 expression is a potential marker for aggressive phenotypes in distinct tumors, including HPV-negative HNSC, stage IV KIRC, locally advanced lung cancer and basal-like BRCA. We show that the LINC00460 prognostic expression effect is tissue-specific, since its upregulation can predict poor OS in some tumors, but also predicts an improved clinical course in BRCA patients. We found that the LINC00460 expression is significantly enriched in the Basal-like 2 (BL2) TNBC subtype and potentially regulates the WNT differentiation pathway. LINC00460 can also modulate a plethora of immunogenic related genes in BRCA, such as SFRP5, FOSL1, IFNK, CSF2, DUSP7 and IL1A and interacts with miR-103-a-1, in-silico, which, in turn, can no longer target WNT7A. Finally, LINC00460:WNT7A ratio constitutes a composite
Fichier principal
Vignette du fichier
fonc-11-628027.pdf (1.92 Mo) Télécharger le fichier
Origin : Publisher files allowed on an open archive

Dates and versions

hal-03959442 , version 1 (27-01-2023)

Licence

Attribution

Identifiers

Cite

Mireya Cisneros-Villanueva, Lizbett Hidalgo-Pérez, Alberto Cedro-Tanda, Mónica Peña-Luna, Marco Antonio Mancera-Rodríguez, et al.. LINC00460 Is a Dual Biomarker That Acts as a Predictor for Increased Prognosis in Basal-Like Breast Cancer and Potentially Regulates Immunogenic and Differentiation-Related Genes. Frontiers in Oncology, 2021, 11, ⟨10.3389/fonc.2021.628027⟩. ⟨hal-03959442⟩

Collections

UNIV-AMU
12 View
26 Download

Altmetric

Share

Gmail Facebook X LinkedIn More